Thursday, March 26, 2015

AutoCAD 2015: Scrollbars by Gaslight


Friggin AutoCAD. I like to have scrollbars in the drawing window. I don't use them all the time, but sometimes. They're handy, and they don't take up much screen space.

But when I turned 'em on I only got the vertical scrollbar. No horizontal. It was like that Outer Limits thing: "We control the horizontal... We control the vertical..."

Dickheads.

I went all through the Options, looking for options. No luck. Finally I gave up and went to the Help:

Screen snip from 7 November 2014

Use the mouse button to pan around the drawing? Fuck you!

Anyway, about a month later when I went to work, suddenly I had both scrollbars, like in the old days.

Screen snip from 3 December 2014

It's almost like they're gaslighting us.

No comments: